Friday, September 7, 2012

Crabby Tuesday!

I'm really not a Chef but every once in a while I love to cook =) Last Tuesday, I bought a 1/2 kilo of Alimango and decided to research online on how to clean and cook one. I went for the "Steamed Crab" and here's how I cooked it:

Prep: Since crabs live in muddy place, make sure that they are thoroughly cleaned. In my case, I submerged the crab in water for about 8 minutes then rinsed it off. I did this twice to make sure that no mud will be left off.






Boil: In a pot, I put water and placed in the crab to boil. I read that adding salt is not needed because it will just dry the inside of the crab. Note that the lid must be half open when boiling.

Flavor: Chopped garlic will help with the taste so I added it to the pot. I also combined a 1/2 cup of Sprite and 1/2 cup of Vinegar and poured it over.






The Alimango was cooked for about 10-15 minutes.For the sauce, I melted butter and combined it with calamansi, saaraaaaaaap!



Verdict: The Alimango tasted great and its meat was so tender. It tasted even yummier when dipped in the buttermansi, WINNER!!! And to think that this was my first time to cook an Alimango!!! Woohoo!!!


*muchos gracias*

No comments:

Post a Comment